Quantcast

Supposedly Java vulnerability has been fixed!!! Java 7 U7

Supposedly Java vulnerability has been fixed!!! Java 7 U7

Ray1769
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Supposedly Java vulnerability has been fixed!!! Java 7 U7

Ray1769
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Supposedly Java vulnerability has been fixed!!! Java 7 U7

Soozy
Banned User
Hmmm, I'm confused here.
I haven't had to uninstall an older version of Java in a long time. Java updates seem to uninstall and/or overwrite older versions. Also just ran CCleaner and nothing was found left in the registry.
Am I missing something?

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Supposedly Java vulnerability has been fixed!!! Java 7 U7

Herself52
I have again downloaded Java, now V 7.0.70.10, and once again Java is not recognized. I have enabled it in SeaMonkey and FF but cannot even find it with Chrome.

Holly

Re: Supposedly Java vulnerability has been fixed!!! Java 7 U7

Soozy
Banned User
Ray1769 wrote
Soozy,
Look into your Add/Remove/Uninstall....those older versions do NOT automatically get removed.
Have you ever gone into your Registry via   regedit ?
Even older and previous security programs sometimes linger there, so they must be manually removed.
Perusing the Registry via   regedit   is a very tricky thing and removing/deleting something incorrectly can cause all sorts of problems, as you more than likely already know.  You ARE very computer savvy.

ccleaner by Piriform is very good of removing some stuff, but it very gentle, especially in regards to the Registry.
Also, make sure there is a checkmark in SunJava on the Applications tab behind Windows tab of the top button Cleaner of ccleaner, it is NOT checked by default.

Cheers

Ray :-)
Trust me, there are NO older versions of Java in my Program listings.
I learned a long time ago NOT to play in Regedit and I don't.

CONTENTS DELETED

Your words above Ray.
Yes, older versions of Java do automatically get removed.

And I did NOT say that you told me to do anything in Regedit Ray.. I stated I learned a long time ago NOT to play in Regedit.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Supposedly Java vulnerability has been fixed!!! Java 7 U7

Soozy
Banned User
Ray1769 wrote
Soozy,
Did you read the continuance of that quote?

Here it is ".....Have you ever gone into your Registry via   regedit ?
Even older and previous security programs sometimes linger there, so they must be manually removed
...."

And I stand by my (entire) statement.  And to which I also stated "......which is why most programs have their own removal tool......"

Just for reference, if you choose to quote me, please, provide the (entire) context.

Ray :-)
I wasn't quoting or referring to the 2nd part of your entire content when I answered you Ray.
I quoted the 1st sentence of your 1 post and responded that Java does automatically uninstall older versions as also stated by Dave.
I then responded to your comment about Regedit by saying I learned a long time ago not to play in Regedit.
I never said you told me to do anything in Regedit.
You seem to enjoy twisting my words around to suit your own purposes Ray.
I have avoided responding to any of your posts and will do so again.
BUT when someone posts something that is incorrect I will respond to that.

Re: Supposedly Java vulnerability has been fixed!!! Java 7 U7

ClaudeMobetta
Administrator
Yo -
Soozy and Ray - Are you too married?

             Be cool Mobetta

Re: Supposedly Java vulnerability has been fixed!!! Java 7 U7

RicGib
Claude, those two have been at it for a long time, even on the old AOL Message Boards.  Ric

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Supposedly Java vulnerability has been fixed!!! Java 7 U7

Soozy
Banned User
ClaudeMobetta wrote
Yo -
Soozy and Ray - Are you too married?

             Be cool Mobetta
Heaven forbid Claude.
But this is a farewell.
I'm gone from these boards. I am sick and tired of having what I state twisted by another person to suit their posts.
And heaven forbid they admit what they stated was incorrect!
Been fun while it lasted.

Re: Supposedly Java vulnerability has been fixed!!! Java 7 U7

Soozy
Banned User
And you may not like what I have to say but please, PLEASE, respect my right to say it, since it is only an opinion in what has worked for ME.

==partial quote==

Too bad you don't have the respect for others to admit when something you post is incorrect information.

Re: Supposedly Java vulnerability has been fixed!!! Java 7 U7

Soozy
Banned User
ClaudeMobetta wrote
Yo -
Soozy and Ray - Are you too married?

             Be cool Mobetta
My apologies to you Claude. It has always been a pleasure helping you and posting on your forum until now.
I'm sorry if I stand up for my rights to have what I say not twisted to suit someone elses's comments.
I don't make comments that are wrong and if I am found to be wrong, I'll admit it.
I WAS done with the post until someone decided to start a NEW thread.

Re: Supposedly Java vulnerability has been fixed!!! Java 7 U7

northernsuburbs
This post was updated on .
I'm sorry to see the departure of someone who has given much valuable info on this and the old AOL boards leaving.
Looking back over this thread I see comments pro and con re: Ccleaner ... .
I see that we're told it is necessary to run Add/Remove-Uninstall to get rid of the old versions of Java (I looked and I have no old versions showing in Uninstall).
And then I see that it is stated that it wasn't said that anything would be left behind that Add/Remove would address (sorry I'm paraphrasing).
It seems that several try to offer help.
And I really believe that the posters really did post with the intention of helping;
... and then it seems that there was an ego bump when what appeared to be incorrect was pointed out.
It also seems that the help offered by some at times can be a bit less than perfect. Well, none of us are 100% perfect.
But I am also seeing someone who appears to jump all over others if any discrepancy in the poster's info is corrected by another.
For myself, I would ask that if someone questions info you've posted or points our an error in what you've posted, please take a deep breath, turn ego off, and count to 10 before responding because many of the responses sound like attacks to other readers.
For myself, I would also ask that a valuable source of information not absent herself from these boards ... personally, I've gotten a lot of help from her postings.
Yea, we can all get along if we don't over exercise our egos and we are humble enough to accept the fact that sometimes our info might not be correct or complete or might even hint towards something above the user's abilities like Regedit.
Claude thank you for these boards ... they are indeed a treasure.
Peace out!
~NorthernSuburbs AOL tester since 4.0 days